Thursday 29 October 2009

Farmers Market 10th Anniversary - Public work



In order the celebrate the 10th Anniversary on the running of the Farmers Market, I was employed by Lincoln Business Improvement Group to run a series of felt workshops at Westgate Junior School, Lincoln. I worked with the children to produce felt carrots. potatoes, eggs and meats for a display. I used a variety of coloured merino wools and the children on class 4B and I had much fun creating the work.

On the day's event, the class arrived at the city centre to enjoy visiting the Farmer's Market and take part in a big scale art project - creating a map of Lincolnshire in chalks. I drew a basic outline of Lincolnshire and the children filled it in with pictures of produce and labelled the various farms around the county.

No comments: