Thursday 29 October 2009

AA2A scheme



Studio Space

Throughout this project, it has been difficult to secure the studio space that I initially intended to work in. Ruddock's arts studios were unfortunately devastated by a fire in 2009. Studios in Lincoln were pricey and although I was offered my friend Finnish artist Samu's studio after he returns to Finland - this was a cold and out of the way studio and I preferred to work from home. I was also offered some space at Gallery No 10 at reasonable rates. However, I eventually I found a creative solution by means of applying to De Montford University to take part in their Artist in Residence scheme AA2A.

This scheme allocates me free use of the University's art facilities (such as printing press, workshop space, woodwork equipment etc), 100 hours of free studio time and an arts budget. I will also have the opportunity to talk about my work through lectures.

At the end of the scheme, all artists in residence (4 in total) are intending to exhibit in the Summer 2010.

Work In Progress

Images of current studio work, research on Sir Joseph Banks and CPD Sweden can be viewed at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30641999@N08

No comments: